Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Sunday, March 18, 2018

O'Shea Has 'Real Chance' Of Playing At Top Level


Dara O'Shea After Scoring Against St Neots Earlier This Season
Fellow Irishman James McClean thinks that Dara O'Shea can play at a decent level.

O'Shea is currently away from Hereford, where he is on loan from West Brom, with the Irish under 19 squad. He is expected to miss the home games against Frome and Gosport this week.

"I like Dara a lot, I think he’s got a real good chance,”said McClean who also plays for West Brom.

"He’s a no-nonsense defender and I think if he believes in himself a bit more, he’ll have a real chance of playing at a decent level.

"I just think he needs to believe in himself a bit more and get a bit more confidence.

"Obviously, being Irish you’re going to have a bit more interest. I remember the very first game of pre-season, we made 11 changes at half-time and brought Dara on in the second half.

"I think he was a bit nervous on the ball, trying to force things a little and I remember having a word with him at the airport, saying ‘If you believe in yourself more and relax, you can be a really good defender. Just try to keep it as simple as possible’. I’ll try to give him as much advice as possible and hopefully he takes it on board."