Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Boston At Edgar Street On Saturday April 20th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Sunday, January 21, 2018

Dinsley 'Surprised' To Be Playing



After yesterday's 1-0 win at Dorchester, Hereford's Calvin Dinsley spoke to BBC Hereford and Worcester.

Normally a mid-fielder, Dinsley partnered Jordan Cullinane-Liburd in the heart of defence because both Ryan Green and Jack Deaman had the flu virus that is going around the club.

"I was a little bit surprised to be playing because I've been out for the last few weeks," said Dinsley.

"Everyone knows I've had a bit of trouble with my hamstring injury. 

"Probably in an ideal world the game you come back you want to be playing ten or twenty minutes to ease your way back into it but the gaffer didn't really have much choice with the boys off ill. Just happy to get the win.

"The pitch was very heavy so it was a little bit of a risk but it paid off and we got the result.

"Jordan has just come in and we trained on Thursday but I certainly didn't think I would be playing with him today.


"I thought he was different class and he fitted in brilliantly.

"I've never played there but you get thrown in and have to do the job for the team and I thought everyone was good today."

Asked about the result Dinsley said 'massive'.

"Those are the sort of results that win you the League.

"The chip were down and we could have easily come here and lost and made excuses."

Plenty of games coming up.

"It's going to be difficult but that's why we've got the squad and hopefully a few of the boys will recover this weekend and we'll have them back for the run-in.

"I'm sure the Gaffer will use the squad well. That's why we bring the players in we do and cope with the amount of games."