Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Boston At Edgar Street On Saturday April 20th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Saturday, October 21, 2017

Bird's Home Debut For Hereford



Jamie Bird made his home debut for Hereford this afternoon and afterwards was interviewed by Keith Hall for BBC Hereford and Worcester.

"Obviously the victory is the main thing but it was nice to get out there for the first time properly and start a game," said Bird.

"It was good, I enjoyed it. 

"I have played (on the left wing) before in the past. I played there at Cardiff. In because we had a couple of injuries.

"I tried (to beat a man) a few times. Fitness with games will come then I'll start beating people.

"All I need is game time, get my fitness levels back and my sharpness."

Bird was asked about the crowd at Edgar Street.

"It was great, you want to run that extra yard. It's good to have the crowd behind you."

And about gelling in with the other players.

"They've been very good to me. I've settled in very well, better than I actually thought.

"As an individual I'd like to cement my spot in the starting eleven and as a team to get promotion."

A few more pictures featuring Bird in this afternoon's game against Kings Langley.