Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Boston At Edgar Street On Saturday April 20th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Saturday, August 19, 2017

Underwood On Symons's Red Card


Slough Town's joint manager Jon Underwood spoke about the red card shown to Hereford striker Mike Symons during this afternoon's game.

"They were playing the ball into the channel and Guy (Hollis) and Symons were grappling. I'm sure Guy would have had his hands on him. It's what centre-halves do," said Underwood in an interview with SloughTownNet.

"As I look up he swung his right arm at him. 

"I can't see how much connection he made, if any. But he clearly threw his right arm at his face.

"The ref saw it and it's not a difficult decision, it's a no brainer. He had to go."

Underwood also spoke about Edgar Street

"It's a different atmosphere to that which we are used to. I don't think anyone was fazed by it, it's just a different environment coming here as to going to another club in the league who might get 100 people watching.

"It's a great place to come, I like coming here but I thought we took time to settle into the game.

"Then half time we're 1-0 up and it looks like it's going to be an easier half with the slope and the wind behind us. But I don't think we really got going second half. 

"I think they raised their game a bit which you would expect."