Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Monday, August 28, 2017

Green Hopes To Be Back For Saturday



Hereford defender Ryan Green is hopeful to be back in contention for a start in the FA Cup tie next Saturday.

"I had my injection on Friday," Green told BN.

"At the moment it is all good, the pain has gone from my achilles so that's a good sign and I'll try running on Thursday.

"Then, hopefully, be involved on Saturday. That's the plan at the moment.

"Apparantly the injection will last for a year or two.

"I'm not getting any younger so I might have another one next year.

"I went to the Nuffield in Hereford. Jonny the physio sorted it out with Darren Clark, the Orthopedic Surgeon.

"Painful, but it's done the job."

Green spent a spell at Merthyr before returning to Hereford.

"I would have liked to be fit for this game but the doctor said you could play but there is a chance I could have ruptured my achilles.

"Even at 20 years old there isn't much coming back from that. Best not to. Do it properly and be back next week."