Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Monday, February 20, 2017

Larkhall Manager Happy With Point Against Hereford



Larkhall manager Phil Bates was reported to be a happy man after his side drew 2-2 with league leaders Hereford last Saturday at Plain Ham.

"I thought it was probably an even result," Bates told the Bath Chronicle. "We're a month off being beaten ten by Taunton.

"We've come a long way, made one or two additions and got rid of one or two.

"We're not the best team in the world, but we stick together, we've got a great team spirit and good shape about us now.

"We've come back twice against the top side in the league, who are winning it by 20-odd points, so I'm delighted with that.

"I don't think it was a penalty for their goal. That might be me blowing hot air, but I'm not sure it was a penalty.

"But to come back again after going down is fantastic for where we've been, where we are now and where we want to go.

"We haven't won today, but we've had a go and that does me. I'm really pleased for the supporters because it was a good day for the club and the biggest crowd ever.

"They've set everything up, earned a bit of money, and we want to be here next year; we want to be in the play-offs, that's our goal, and we want games like this all the time."