Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Boston At Edgar Street On Saturday April 20th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Topscorer Smith Wants to Finish the Job


The South and West's top goalscorer, Lance Smith, has said he chose to stay with Evesham to finish what the side have started.

The 25-year old was approached by Redditch United, but turned down the offer despite wanting to play higher in the pyramid.

"I've decided to stay because I want to finish something we've all started this year," Smith told Gloucestershire Live (link).

"It's not in my nature to leave people in the lurch and the club has been great to me.

"I couldn't leave Evesham when we are fighting for the play-offs and I'm still top of the goalscoring charts - I want to see the season through."

Smith said he was very close to leaving the Robins having already turned down a move to Hednesford Town earlier in the season

"I changed my mind four or five times on the day I decided and it hasn't an easy decision - I was very close to leaving."

"I want to play at a higher level, push myself and have a new challenge.

"It's great to be noticed and having people interested in me. Who knows what will happen in the summer. I want to play higher, and push myself. Only time will tell."