Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Boston At Edgar Street On Saturday April 20th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Poochi Hopes For Sky Boxing Show This Saturday


This from HUST:


HUFC fan and HUST member and player Lewis ‘Poochi’ Van Poetsch has been up and down the country taking to the professional boxing ring wearing HUST badge on his kit and HUST colours! and this Saturday (31st Jan 2015) will take himself and the HUST to the iconic O2 arena in Greenwich, London.
Poochi, the 24 year old journeyman from Lydney in the Forest Of Dean, now residing Chepstow said:
‘Im super excited to be wearing the trust badge on such a big stage, normally I am up and down the country fighting prospects in small hall venues to build up their fighting records, this is a similar situation, but against a very tough opponent who is tipped for big things in the future and on a televised show on Sky Sports!’
‘There is no guarantee my fight will be televised at this stage, it all depends on when my fight is on the shows running order, I hope it will be televised in a hope to give HUST some more exposure on a bigger platform. I am very grateful of HUST for supporting me and giving myself some personal exposure for my boxing career!’
‘I’m not in the boxing game to go onto big things myself, I just love to fight and earn a few quid whilst doing so. I like to give these prospects a tough fight and hopefully teach them something in the process, and of course learn something myself, fighting on the big stages is a blessing and I hope to give paying customers a good spectacle to see.’
The fight will be fought over 6 x 3 minute rounds, against Essex based Lee Markham. Anthony Joshua was supposed to be the main attraction on this show, but has had to pull out unfortunately due to a back injury sustained in training, The main event will now be Kevin Mitchell who takes on Daniel Estrada in a World title eliminator.
Tune into Sky Sports from 8pm Saturday 31st Jan
Poochi thanks all HUST members for your support.