Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Boston At Edgar Street On Saturday April 20th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Lower League Football To Be Debated in Parliament


Hereford MP Jesse Norman is to take part in a debate about lower league football.

As you will know I remain deeply concerned about the situation at Hereford United. To highlight the situation I have been pressing for a parliamentary debate on the future of non league football.

I am very pleased to let you know that I have now been granted time in the Commons chamber for a debate on Thursday, 4 September 2014. The debate will be held at around midday, and a minister from the Department for Culture, Media and Sport will have the opportunity to respond.

The priority for my speech will be the situation at Hereford United, but I also hope to cover some of the broader issues facing lower-league football.

I will be working on my speech over the next few weeks and would be interested to receive any contributions from fans, HUFC creditors or anyone else who cares about football in the community. 


The announcement of the debate is online at tinyurl.com/onj4v7u. It would help if you could tweet this link or put it on Facebook or other social media, with this email address so that interested parties can get in touch. .