Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Boston At Edgar Street On Saturday April 20th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Good Advert For Conference Football Said Foyle


Hereford United manager Martin Foyle felt last night's drawn game against Kidderminster was a 'good advert for Conference football.

"I thought that was advert for Conference football on a tricky surface but I wouldn't have said it was a bad surface," Foyle told BBC Hereford and Worcester.

"I thought both sides had a good go at each other and I thought a draw was a fair result."

"It was exciting, it was end to end.

"When we took the lead to be honest I thought we were going to win the game. They didn't really create anything.

"Ranks got caught for their goal, he has defended great for me all season. Just that one mistake."

And O'Keefe's goal.

"All I can remember is Josh around the back stick heading it back into the goal. A good finish from a hard angle."

The game nearly didn't go ahead as heavy rain fell on the pitch around 6pm causing the referee to have an inspection. However the rain eased and with the exception of an area close to the dug-outs the pitch coped well.

"I find that so hard, there was no problem at all.

"We had a little bit of rain just prior to kick-off but there shouldn't have even been a pitch inspection.

"The game is so soft now."