Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Foyle Glad To Be In Cup Draw

A Very Relieved Martin Foyle
Speaking to BBC Hereford and Worcester after today's game, Martin Foyle expressed his relief at winning:

"Very relieved. Gale force winds and a very lively pitch. Both sides struggled to put 2/3 passes together. You couldn't get much quality today.

"I made a few changes, four from the other day, I'll keep changing it until I get it right. I can understand a bit of supporter frustration, but I thought they were fantastic today. To come all this way, in the stand behind us. 

"I actually enjoyed having them close to me. I was talking to one or two, explaining things, and they understood where we were coming from from a coaching point of view.

On Rod McDonald's injury, which he originally picked up in the warm-up: "He's got a side strain. It was so late in the day but Dom's done very well. He's been chomping at the bit, had so many injuries.

"I'm pleased we're in the draw, especially for the club. They've had hard times but hopefully we can get into another one. I don't just want to drop out in the next round."

Andy Porter
Asked how big today's win was, Foyle added: "It was needed. Especially for the changing room, more for myself really. I can just relax a bit. My standards, and Andy's (Porter) standards are so high, we've always been in League football. 

"We've just said in there 'we don't want to be non-league, we want to be in the League - do you want to come with me?'"