Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Share Issue Will Go Ahead Says Preedy


The proposed share issue for Hereford United will go ahead. That's the firm view of director Dave Preedy who hopes supporters as well as shareholders will take the opportunity to own part of the club.

"The percentage we were short to get through the share issue (at last Monday's meeting) was quite close and we need now to convert those people around," Preedy told BN.

"Because we have got to have the share issue, it's not rocket science.

"I know I could go out there now and talk to a few lads I know and there's ten grand's worth of shares waiting to be bought.

"People want to buy shares."

Preedy is very grateful to those supporters who have raised money to help the club recently but admits the club can't go asking the same people for money all the time.

"We've got to break the mould about how this club is funded and the only way to break the mould is by issuing more shares.

"I think everybody is agreed what we need so we are changing the wording of the draft and doing it properly.

"The board is taking legal advice on Monday.

"We've got to get it through because there is no plan B.

"It can't be the same people all the time because there comes a time when there is no more money.

"I've put in what my wife and I can afford."

Preedy feels the club is doing well at present.

"On the field we are looking better, we seems to have a stronger squad, people seem to be more upbeat this season.

"Off the field we've got the Starlite Rooms which are doing fantastic business. We have two weddings today. Weddings they drink, drink is profit. They are spending money at our bar.

"There is more to it than football. We've got to make this a place where we can accomodate everybody.

"The Starlite Rooms are saving this club.

"People said it would be a gamble but it was never a gamble for me."

Preedy wanted to re-build the old Sportsman Club when Graham Turner was chairman but was told no.

"Then David (Keyte) approached me and I came back for the Starlite Rooms. Then you get dragged into everything!"

Preedy admits he is lucky because he was able to put a substantial amount of money into the Starlite Rooms.

"I put in what I could afford but the man who puts in a tenner because that's all he can afford - we're all fans of the same club and that's why I want the share issue to work.

"I want that one lad to buy his ten pounds worth of shares and I also want the lad to spend ten thousand on shares.

"We need to hit everybody because everybody can help. And when you become a shareholder it's more your club. And that will help bring the club closer to the community."