Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Sharp Looks For Full Time Fitness Boost


New Bulls signing Chris Sharp has told the Non-League Paper that he joined the Bulls to return to full-time football.

After netting 15 goals last term for Telford, Sharp has managed just a handful of games this term after a double hernia operation, telling the paper: "The full-time factor is the big draw for me. I said when I signed for Telford that the club maybe had plans to go full-time in the not-too-distant future, and I hoped it would happen with them. 

"The opportunity has come elsewhere and I've had to take it. Being on the training ground every day is what's best for my career, and the chance might never come again if I'd turned it down.

"It will hopefully improve me as a player and, even though I've always been in the gym in the morning when I've only been training two nights a week, working with other lads on a daily basis will certainly help me regain my full match sharpness quicker."

Sharp also told the paper he was keen to work with the Bulls' manager: "Martin Foyle was a good striker in his day and I've only heard good things about how he works with the forwards. He did it with Richard Brodie at York and Ryan Bowman's been having a great season under him at Hereford.

"Hopefully I can learn from him in the same way."

Sharp played alongside current Bulls forward Marlon Jackson for the Bucks last season, with Jackson on loan from Bristol City. Sharp netted five times during the eight game spell, with Jackson also scoring once.