Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Saturday, November 26, 2011

I thought Hereford played well said Crewe Boss

In his post match interview, Crewe manager Steve Davis said he felt his side defended well against Hereford whom he thought had deserved something from the game.

"It was a good three points," Davis told the Crewe OS.

"I thought some of the defending was really terrific today. We blocked shots and headed the ball out. We rode our luck at times because I thought Hereford played well and probably deserved something from the game. I was pleased but I am also realistic.

"I thought we were okay for 60, 70 minutes but tired again and I could have taken seven or eight off today, but they dug in and held on.

"The difference was Nick's goal. It was that little bit of quality and class in the final third that has won us the game. It came out of nothing again but we know he is a special player."