Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Monday, April 25, 2011

Outstanding Performance from Bartlett

There was no doubt who was the Hereford United man of the match this afternoon at Morecambe. Without Adam Bartlett's performance in goal, the Bulls could have lost the game by several goals.

"I think it was my best game in any shirt to be honest," Bartlett told BBC Hereford and Worcester. "It went well personally.

"As a team I think if you had said before kick-off would we have taken a point from the game, I think we would have.

"It's a little bit quiet in the changing room because being 1-0 up and getting to the 70 minute mark we wanted to hold on and see ourselves all but safe."

Keith Hall asked Bartlett how he managed to save a bullet header from Stuart Drummond.

"I don't know," was Barts reply.

"I just managed to get my right hand on it but after I got hold of the ball, after a little scramble I looked and the offside flag was up.

"I'm just happy to do my job for the team."

Hall then talked about what he described as the save of the season - Phil Jevons's volley from about six yards.

"I think that was the one five minutes into the second half. If they had scored then, being the home side they were going to have their backs up and it would have been hard from there. Thankfully I made the save and we've come away with a very valuable point."

Meanwhile Morecambe coach Jim Bentley said: "Their keeper had a superb game."