Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Sunday, October 31, 2010

I'm here to win a Contract says Purdie

Rob Purdie couldn't have had a better start on his return to playing for Hereford United yesterday. Seldom does a winger score two goals in a game and to do so within eleven minutes of the start must be something of a record.

"It couldn't have gone any better," Purdie told BBC Hereford and Worcester.

"I'm not here to play games to get fit to go back to Oldham. I don't have a future at Oldham whether I score twenty goals or two goals on my loan spell. It doesn't matter.

"I just here to win myself a contract and do well for Jamie."

Purdie has had unfortunate injury problems but came through yesterday game without any problems.

"I wanted to make sure I was fit.

"I had a hip injury and I was mis-diagnosed a couple of times. I had three operations last season.

"It's been a long hard year and then I was told I had no chance playing for Oldham. It's been a tough eighteen months.

"So it was good to come back to Hereford. It's a club where I feel at home."

Purdie revealed that he had contacted the club.

"I spoke to Jamie when he first got the job and had a bit of banter with him.

"He gave me a chance and I came down and played a reserve game to prove my fitness.

"It's a bit of a gamble for him because I haven't played for eighteen months.

"I hope to be able to re-pay him."