Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Some Interest in Turner's Shares says HT

This morning's Hereford Times carries a few quotes from Hereford United manager Graham Turner about his proposed sale of his shareholding in the club and how planning for next season is on-going.

"I have had several phonecalls about the shares and there are a couple of realistic options among them," said Turner.

"But it is early days and I do not expect a massive amount of instant activity."

Asked about his future Turner replied: "I think the chances that I will be here next season are very slim."

For the present life will go on at Edgar Street as usual.

"It will be a difficult interim period but I have told people who have applied for the job (as manager) what the position is.

"I shall be looking at individual player's contracts. I think if you asked the majority of supporters who they wanted to keep then I don't suppose that would be far off. It's a matter of common sense."

Meanwhile Keith Dodd, the chairman of HUISA, has also commented on the situation.

"If Turner genuinely wants to retire then we have to respect that, but I hope he reconsiders.

"I think many supporters would say the same."

The Hereford Times says it is aware of three interested parties - each of which, it suggests, wanted more time to think over their interest before going public.