Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Saturday, April 24, 2010

I couldn't work for another chairman says Turner

Hereford United chairman Graham Turner has given some more detail about his decision to put his shares in the club on the market.

"I've got to be honest I've enjoyed the last few weeks working with the players again," Turner told BBC Hereford and Worcester.

"It's been a pleasure and I've had a great response from them.

"However it does give an opportunity for someone to come in and take on the mantle of chairman at the club and appoint their own staff.

Asked he if could stay as manager with a new chairman Turner replied:

"I don't think I could work for another chairman. Between Joan (Fennessy) and myself we've worked hard to run the club and I don't think I could serve under another chairman here so the answer to that is no.

Trevor Owens then reminded Turner that he had said he would like another big football job.

"I'm not sure that big football club would be the right description. I've been out of that sort of area for a long time and I'm not daft enough to realise that I'm not going to get a big club.

"Fifteen years is a long time in management is a long time. Sometimes you need new challenges in life.

"Ideally I would hope that over the four weeks - If anyone wants to come in and inspect anything we've got, there's no hidden agenda, no skeletons in the cupboard, no debts that haven't been accounted for. Everything is up-front, everything is clean.

"I would hope that something could be sorted out fairly quickly. But I'm not daft, it could go on a lot longer than that.

"We might have to revert to a Plan B which hasn't been outlined yet But if nobody comes in and takes the shares on and wants to take on the role as chairman then we'll have to think of other ways of doing things.

"Right at the moment the ideal senario would be for somebody responsible with the clubs interest at heart to come in fairly quickly and get it all settled and push the club forward."