Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Trewick's Thoughts on Being Sent to the Stands

Hereford United manager John Trewick was sent to the stands last night during the game against Northampton.

"I thought I was behaving in a reasonable fashion," Trewick told the Sun.

"But I was sent off for making a comment to my assistant about decisions not going for us.

"It wasn't directed at the fourth official, the linesman or the ref and I didn't swear so I am a bit non-plussed."

Meanwhile in his interview with BBC Hereford and Worcester Trewick talked about the 'controversial incident' early in the first half.

"There was an explanation given to me which I couldn't quite understand at the time and it seemed to effect us.

"I can't understand why I was sent to the stand. I had a few questions to ask at the time and the fourth official for some reason was getting into my hair.

"He was very very loud at the time saying get back, sit down, shut-up.

"I was behaving in a reasonable fashion.

"I was sent to the stand for just making a general comment to Tony Ford about it was a disgrace, we never seem to have any decisions go for us.

"It wasn't directed at him. It wasn't directed at the linesman. It wasn't directed at the referee. I didn't swear.

"I think he decided he had it in for me and made a point.

"I'm a bit non-plussed about why it happened."

Finally in another interview Trewick said he was commenting to Tony Ford about every decision which appeared to him to be going Northampton's way.

"The fourth official decided he was going to take some action.

"I'm at a loss why I was sent to the stands."