Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Hard Battle said Striker King

Whilst Hereford United midfielder/striker Craig King said he had enjoyed today's game against Darlington he also admitted it had been a hard battle.

"I think we did reasonably well, dealt with their attacks, conceded a goal which was a bit cheap but we held on pretty well," King told BBC Hereford and Worcester.

"Before I came on loan I was playing in mid-field quite a lot, learning the role.

"But I prefer it up-front, setting up people and scoring goals."

King spoke about his strike partner Matthew Mathieu.

"He's a strong lad, he holds the ball up well, releases it as well and gets in the box. He's good to work with, good in the air, strong."

Later in the interview King confirmed that Leicester had given him permission to play in next Saturday's FA Cup match against Sutton United.

He said his aim is to get Leicester in the Cup.

"It would be good to get them in the FA Cup and show them what I can do. Hopefully they would see that and when I go back I, maybe, can get into their first team and do well there."