Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Cox admits being offside

Swindon Town striker Simon Cox has admitted he was offside when he 'scored' the Robin's second goal yesterday in their 3-0 win over Hereford United.

"I was clearly standing offside when Owain Tudur Jones played it into the six-yard box," said Cox.

"There were three of us between the goalkeeper (Peter Gulacsi) and Hereford's last defender and the only reason I flicked it past him was because I knew I was offside.

"I couldn't believe it when I looked round to see that the linesman wasn't flagging, but I'm certainly not going to turn down scoring another goal."

Meanwhile Virgin Media should have the highlights from Swindon, including the dubious second goal, available to view from about mid-night. Click on the Virgin link on the left to watch.