Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Boston At Edgar Street On Saturday April 20th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Bionic Murray dreams of Premiership

Matt Murray, who came on loan to Hereford United earlier this season, is dreaming of a return for his club Wolves to the Premiership and hopes he may be able to play for them in that league.

Murray, now known by his team-mates as the 'amiable giant', has had a series of injury problems over the years. The latest was whilst keeping goal for the Bulls at MK Dons last November.

“The right knee is just the latest problem and I have metal pins in there now keeping me all together," Murray told the Sunday Mercury.

“You can definitely hear me coming at the airport!

“I had only just got over my left knee problems when my right knee went during only my third game on loan at Hereford United last November.

“It has meant a 16 week lay off but the physiotherapists are happy with the way it has healed.

“As soon as I kicked the ball it just felt like I had been shot in the knee – the pain was not nice and I couldn’t control my leg.

“My tendon was totally snapped. All I remember was lying on the pitch thinking ‘Please somebody get me up.’

"The game seemed to go on for about a minute before it was stopped.

“As soon as I was put on a stretcher I knew what I had done. I thought at that stage my career was over.”

"I was enjoying my loan at Hereford and we were playing well."

Murray is working on his rehabilitation four days a week at the Wolves training ground.