Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Right Foot Left Foot and a Header as well - Guinan

Striker Steve Guinan appeared very happy with both the Bulls 5-0 win and also his hat-trick against a defensively poor Oldham at Edgar Street this afternoon.

On top of that he scored Hereford United's 1,500th League Goal. His tally for this season is now nine.

"It's been a long time since we as a team have annihilated a team especially first half. I think at times we were absolutely sensational. Some of the attacking play was brilliant. I think a lot of teams would have found it difficult to live with us let alone a team like Oldham who are third," Guinan told BBC Hereford and Worcester.

"We hoped at half time the job was done, second half we were not as fluid going forward. We knew they would have a go at us. It was a relief to see Lionel getting his second - I think that put the game to bed.

"Lionel Ainsworth and Matt Done when they go forward it must be a nightmare for a full back, I'd dread to play against them. But all credit to all of the lads today I thought everyone put in a really good performance.

"I would have been happy to score just one today but scoring a hat-trick in the first half and it's right foot, left foot and a header as well. That's the first one of those I've had."