Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Boston At Edgar Street On Saturday April 20th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Saturday, September 27, 2008

I never liked Fleetwood says Allen

Former Hereford United striker Stuart Fleetwood will turn out for Cheltenham Town against Stockport this afternoon in his first game since being sent on loan to the Robins from Charlton. And manager Mad Dog Allen will have to get used to him!

"I've never liked him because in the past he has always been a pain in the backside playing for the opposition. I'll embrace him and let bygones be bygones," said Allen

Meanwhile Fleetwood has commented on his new club to the Gloucester press.

"We're in a position where I don't suppose the Cheltenham fans would want us to be and probably where we don't deserve to be.

"But that's what I'm here for, to try to get some games under my belt and hopefully help to push Cheltenham Town up the table.

"It's a big step up from the Conference to the Championship and Charlton have some good players, so I didn't expect to get into the team straightaway.

"This move is another step for me and hopefully help me get into the Charlton first team."