Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Boston At Edgar Street On Saturday April 20th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Webby on the mend

Luke Webb is hoping that his nagging injury problems are finally behind him following corrective surgery during the close season. Webb went under the knife to clear up problems with his hip.

"They removed some cartilage and a small amount of bone growth in the hip joint."

"It's a problem I've had since I was young and it seems that it may have also been the cause of my longstanding back problem." "For years, my right side has been causing difficulties following a fall from a bike when I was probably just fourteen years old."

"I'm hoping the frustrating injuries are now behind me." "I've not missed a day's training since we came back to pre-season but the game against Birmingham was my first sixty minutes of real action so I needed give it a break tonight as it's important take the build-up carefully and monitor the progress."