Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Parry happy to be a Striker

Paul Parry is quite happy to continue in the striker role he became used to last season when other Cardiff City strikers had injury problems. He proved his point earlier this week with a hat-trick in a pre-season friendly against Carmarthen.

"Playing as a striker suits my game,” said the former Hereford United winger as ported by the Western Mail.

“No matter who the gaffer brings in, I’d love to continue playing there.

“And I will if my performances are up to scratch and I’m scoring goals.

“New strikers add competition and that’s what we need in all areas.

“I scored 11 goals last season and didn’t play a full season.

“If I can add five or six to that this time it would be brilliant. If I play regularly, I believe I could score 20 goals.

“I’m not an out-and-out striker, a fox in the box, but I can do the job.

“I will work and graft in there – chip in with my fair share of goals.

“I’m happy to play anywhere for Cardiff, but it’s a while since I played regularly on the wing and I do enjoy myself in attack.

“On the wing you can be stuck there relying on serving. The ball has to come to you.

“Up front, you can move all over the park and go looking for the ball. Maybe that’s what suits my game.

“The big thing this season, though, is that I want to play wherever the manager wants me to play.

“Our aim is the play-offs at least – and why can’t we go one better than that and get up automatically?

“I want to be a part of that.”

Parry also spoke about playing for Wales after missing several games siting 'personnel reasons'.

“It was a difficult decision, but I would love to think I will play for Wales again,” said Parry.

“I am available and the manager knows that.”