Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Boston At Edgar Street On Saturday April 20th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Green back in action

Ryan Green played a part in Bristol Rovers friendly against Malmo Anadolu last Thursday. It was his first game since last November when he damaged his achilles.

"My Achilles is fine, which I'm very pleased about, because the pitches out here have been really hard. Now I hope to play twenty minutes or so against LB07 to complete a good week," Green, a former Hereford United defender, told the official Bristiol Rovers website.

"When pre season began, my aim was to play in the game against Llanelli, and then, as time progressed, to play in the third match of this tour so I'm way ahead of schedule and very happy with the way things have gone so far.

"I spent a long time in the gym, on my own for much of the time, but I always thought I'd be back and now it's great to be playing football with the lads again and enjoying all the banter in the dressing room."

Another former Bull, Andy Williams, played the full ninety minutes for Rovers who defeated Malmo Anadolu 4-0.