Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Monday, December 31, 2007

Mahon Goes to QPR

QPR have completed the signing of midfielder Gavin Mahon from Championship rivals Watford.

The 30-year-old, formerly with Hereford United, who has struggled to make the first team at Vicarage Road this season, has initially joined Rangers on loan with a view to completing a permanent transfer.

"It's a very exciting time to be joining this club," Mahon told Rangers' official website. "There were four or five other Championship sides that showed an interest, but once I'd spoken to the chairman, Gianni Paladini, there was never any doubt in my mind I'd be joining Rangers. The ambition and drive of the board and the new investors really impressed me and I'm delighted to be here."

Mahon was in the Vicarage Road stands on Saturday when Rangers beat Watford 4-2 and added: "It was a surreal experience. When QPR went ahead early on I was happy, but at the same time it was a very difficult situation to be in having spent so many years at Watford."

He goes straight into the squad which hosts Leicester tomorrow.