Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Boston At Edgar Street On Saturday April 20th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Former Bulls shine at Macclesfield

Three players who have played for Hereford United took at least some part in Macclesfield's friendly with Derby County yesterday which the Silkmen won 1-0.

The winning goal came from Danny Thomas with a 'stunning 20 yard drive' after just five minutes.

At the start of the second half Matt Baker took over in goal and towards the end made a 'suberb double save'.

Michael Husbands also played for 30 minutes.

Close-by at Tranmere Steve Jennings appears to have staked his claim for a place in their squad for the forth-coming season. Jennings was loaned to Hereford United to help him regain fitness late last season.

"This is a big year for me. I am out of contract next summer and I want to give myself the best opportunity I can to play this season and show people what I can do," he said.

"It is important to make a positive impression in these pre-season games."