Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Thursday, October 26, 2006

We all know about each other says Coleman

The Accrington Stanley manager has been telling Sky Sports that he knows all about Hereford United.

"Hereford have made a particularly good start. They lost their way a bit but they've come good again," said John Coleman.

"We know all about each other as well and there's been a bit of rivalry between the sets of fans so it should be a good game.

"You don't want what we did last year devalued and if the team that came up with us had struggled maybe people would have thought it wasn't the best league to win.

"But they've done really well and we've done okay ourselves so it shows it was a difficult league to get out of last season and I'm pleased they are doing well."

After last Saturday's defeat at Walsall Coleman wasn't too happy.

"Before Saturday, I had ambitions of winning the league. I was thinking we could close the gap (on Walsall) to eight points," he told the Lancashire Telegraph.

"We've given ourselves a mountain to climb and we shouldn't be in a situation like that because we're miles better than what we showed on Saturday.

"I just want to win every game I play.

"I can't set myself any ambitions because you only set yourself up for a fall.

"The minute I think we are starting to achieve things I get served up performances like Saturday.

"I won't tolerate that. Anyone who knows me knows I won't tolerate that and some people are in for a few harsh lessons this week."

Coleman is reported to be looking for a new striker to replace Gary Roberts.

Meanwhile Accrington's away support is a lot lower than Hereford's in the current season to date.

Figures from the Football Forum say that Accrington have taken an average of 398 supporters to the six games that figures are available for. The missing game, that at Torquay, won't have attracted many milkmen as it is so far from Lancashire.

Hereford's away support has averaged 554 to date. All the figures from all the away games have been taken into account.

Highest away support is by Walsall supporters. An average of 919 of them have travelled to away games.

Last season for the fixture at Edgar Street Accrington brought 283 supporters.



Accy fans at Edgar Street