Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Boston At Edgar Street On Saturday April 20th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Parry still looks out for Hereford

Paul Parry, currently on the side-lines at Cardiff City, still looks out for Hereford United's results.

The ex-Bulls winger has given an interview to the South Wales Echo mainly about his recent injury problems but he also revealed that he still watches the progress of his former club.

"I keep a lookout for their results. They have gone so close over recent seasons and just missed out.

"Surely it's their turn now. They deserve to go up."

As regards his current injury Parry said he remembered how it occurred in a game against Southampton during December.

"I remember the tackle, but it didn't feel too bad and certainly not a long-term injury.

"There were 10 or 15 minutes left when I was injured, but I was having a good game and wanted to stay on.

"I knew my knee wasn't right, but I trained on the Sunday and still felt I might be okay.

"The staff were telling me I wouldn't be able to play, but I travelled to Reading and had my fitness test.

"But as soon as I tried to kick the ball I knew I couldn't do it.

"Then I had a scan and it came as a shock that it was a long-term injury. I didn't need an operation, but it has taken time to heal and I've had a frustrating time since."

Parry has one year remaining on his contract at Cardiff City.