Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Boston At Edgar Street On Saturday April 20th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Fairclough Reacts To Inglethorpe Departure

England manager Paul Fairclough spoke to BBC Sport about his disappointment in losing assistant Alex Inglethorpe:

"It is disappointing that Alex felt pressured into stepping down. I singled Alex out as a great coach and a great person to work alongside. I can understand why he has gone but I am just sorry it had to happen. I will need to get someone in to replace him, but I need to think about who it will be."
In response to the Conference's objections to his role, Fairclough added: "I intend to carry on. I absolutely love this job and am proud to do it. I will stay on as long as the Football Association want me to do it."