Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Gavin may move to Swansea

Ex-Hereford United player Gavin Williams is said to be considering a move to Swansea City

Williams played at the new Swansea stadium last night for Wales and was said to be impressed.

"This stadium is fantastic," the 25-year-old told the Evening Post after making his international bow.

"I've heard a few things about Swansea being interested in me and obviously I wouldn't rule out coming here. I suppose we will just have to see what happens.

Williams, famous for his Cardiff City-inspired Ayatollah goal celebration at Vetch Field two seasons ago, left Yeovil for the Hammers in a £250,000 switch last winter.

But he has not figured in the first team since the East London club's promotion to the Premiership, and Kenny Jackett, the Swansea manager, wants him to spruce up his midfield.

"I have spoken to the manager at West Ham (Alan Pardew) and he has told me I'm in his plans," Williams added.

"But I'm not involved at my club at the minute so I'm not sure what's going to happen.

"I wouldn't say I'm looking to move, but obviously I'm not playing first-team football so I have to consider my future.

"It's all right just staying at West Ham, but I need to be playing football so we'll wait and see."