Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Trewick looks forward to promotion

The Hereford United coach has told the Non-League Paper that has hopes the Bulls will top the Conference this coming season after missing out on promotion for the second time running.

"We missed our main objective and that was promotion," said John Trewick, "but we can put that down to experience and move on.

"I can't say what we can and can not do next season because it does not work like that but we'll be looking to go up automatically. You can be sure we'll work our socks off to acheive that."

Terry Brown, the Aldershot manager, is optimistic that the Shots and the Bulls will be in the race for promotion.

"We live in hope, but I think us and Hereford will be teams to watch."

Meanwhile ex-Hereford United midfielder Scott Willis is interviewed about his career in the paper. The last trophy he won was with the Bulls in the final of the Herefordshire FA Senior Cup when he was on loan at Edgar Street.

"We beat Forest Green 3-1 and I scored the first."

His last goal was also when with Hereford. He remembers it well and also the story about his leaving the club.

"Right foot top corner against Barnet and you had me on the NLP front page sliding on my knees in celebration. The following Sunday you had me on the third page for drinking two nights before a game!"

He was also sent off in that game.

"Thirty seconds into the game I got my first, which was unbelievable and then I picked up another in the second half."