Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Boston At Edgar Street On Saturday April 20th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Sunday, March 20, 2005

Captain James welcomes Jones the Physio

Tony James, the Hereford United captain, who is currently out of the squad with injury, has welcomed the arrival of new physio Wayne Jones to Edgar Street.

In an article in today's Non-League Paper, James says that he hopes his season is not yet over.

"I'm not writing the season off totally yet. It just depends on how it heals, how much work I can can done on it - and a little bit of luck."

Describing how his injury occured James said it was after an aerial challenge with Hucknall's Gary Ricketts.

"I landed on his foot and then rolled off his foot onto the floor, so it was pretty painful with all my weight coming onto it from quite a height.

"I can't do an awful lot at the moment. I'm just trying to get the sweeling down and get some of the bruising out, then hopefully next week I'll be able to put a little bit of weight on it and get it moving a bit."

James then welcomed the arrival of full-time physio Wayne Jones whose own playing career was ended by injury when with Bristol Rovers in his early 20's.

"If I do end up coming back I don't think I'll lose too much fitness, because Wayne likes to keep on top of that sort of things.

"It's a good thing he's come in. I can have him there all day whenever I want him.

"If we do get into the play-offs I'll have another couple of weeks to get myself fully fit."